Thursday, November 11, 2010

Perfume - Nee

The latest Perfume single, "Nee," is beyond adorable. Beyond perfect. The footwork those girls are doing in the video is just so cute! The styling almost makes me want to start buying Natural Beauty Basic apparel! At first when I heard the song, I though the "Nee" repetition was a little grating, but after I learned that it meant "Hey" - I was okay with it.



Nakata is one of the most talented producers in the world and I'm so glad Perfume keeps cranking out the hits. I wish I could have been at Tokyo Dome on Nov 3! Nee sounds like a natural evolution for Perfume and is just as catchy as "Love the World" or "One Room Disco." Extremely catchy and melodic. What's crazy is "Fake It." The b-side to "Nee" is a bit of a departure for Nakata. To my ears, it sounds a bit like he is inspired by Terukado's audio chopping/distorting, especially at the intro of the track. Now that I think about it, the vocal chopping at the chorus of "Nee" is a bit Terukado as well. Whatever, there's room in this world for two brilliant Japanese electropop producers!

I can't wait for a translation for "Fake It" - I can't imagine what it's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment