Monday, November 15, 2010

Pet Shop Boys feat. Tchaikovsky

The song that I woke up humming today was "All Over The World" by the Pet Shop Boys. When I heard it for the very first time, I thought "you've got to be kidding me. The nutcracker?"



I didn't hate it, I just thought it was crazy. I think the vocal stuttering of "eh eh eh eh" is a bit of experimental newness for the Boys and the "all over the world" low growl backing vocals are pretty cool.

I saw this show in Chicago and Milwaukee (thanks to my good friend Kevin, who loves the Pet Shop Boys more than any living organism on the planet) and really enjoyed this performance. Seeing this song performed live really brings it to life.

I wonder if I'll have the audacity to rip off (ahem, be inspired by?) a well known classical piece one day. Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment